Ø Background to the program and subject area:
The School of Nursing at the University of Jordan was established in 1972 by a Royal Decree. Proudly, it was the earliest program in Jordan to offer a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing. The study at the School of Nursing enables the student to obtain the Bachelor Degree of Science in Nursing by attending total of (136) credit hours divided by four academic years. The BSc curriculum is designed to accomplish its educational and related Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs), and is based upon clear statements of expected outcomes for students. The ILOs are believed to be congruent with the goals of the University and the School of Nursing. Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of BSc program enable graduates to practice general nursing and assist them to make a positive contribution to society and the profession. Courses are offered for students according to a logical study plan that goes from basics to progressively advanced content. This is mainly guided through offering courses according to ‘pre-requisite sequence’.
Ø Vision statements of the program:
To be a leading, global school in the areas of nursing education, research and community service.
Ø Mission statements of the program:
The School of Nursing d edicates itself to improve health and wellbeing of society through preparing professional nurses to provide quality nursing care, conduct research and provide community service. The school provides a model learning environment that encourages life-long learning, innovation, and professional and personal development.
Ø Program Aims:
· Graduate competent nurses able to provide quality nursing care.
· Promote a scientific research culture among faculty and students.
· Develop the body of nursing knowledge at local, regional, and international levels.
· Disseminate nursing knowledge through national and international conferences, workshops, seminars, training programs, and exchange programs.
· Promote professional development of faculty members and administrative staff.
· Promote continuous learning and educational culture and environment.
· Build collaborative relations and partnerships with local, regional, and international institutions.